Working with the Stress of School Leadership
An Introduction to Mindfulness for Principals and Assistant Principals
Never has it been more challenging to be a school leader. According to the most recent (2013) Met Life Survey:
- 75% of principals feel the job has become too complex
- 69% say the job responsibilities are very different from just five years ago
- 48% report being under great stress
- Job satisfaction declined 9 percentage points in just 4 years – 2009 to 2013
Your time with the course facilitators will:
- Introduce you to the principles and practices of mindfulness.
- Lay the foundation for building the relational trust with your staff that leads to improved learning and achievement for all students.
- Make connections between mindfulness and equity work.
- Support you in reconnecting to the values and purposes that motivated you to become a school leader.
- Engage you in dialogues with like-minded colleagues and strengthen your networks of support.
- Allow you to disconnect from digital tools and reconnect to self, purpose, nature, and the power of community.
Thursday, November 1, 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Friday, November 2, 8:00am – 8:30pm
Saturday, November 3, 8:00am – 11:00am
Early Bird Special: $625 (Register by September 26, 2018)
Regular Registration: $699 (Register by October 17, 2018)
(Registration fee includes private accommodations and meals.)